Environmental and Social Sustainability100% sustainable products and practices
Although our business in established on developing hydrogen technology designed as a sustainable energy solution, Sustainability is at the core of our practice. To maintain our competitive advantage, our commitment to Sustainability drives UTIS’s corporate strategy to meet all environmental regulations while maintaining its social license to operate in a market sentiment focused on environmental and social issues.
As an organization, UTIS’s manufacturing processes precisely focus on producing its products Sustainably. UTIS recognizes that Climate Change is an urgent global priority and is committed to reducing its climate impacts in core environmental areas, Such as,
- Carbon reductions and low-carbon products
- Climate risk and opportunity
- Environmental protection and Biodiversity
Although UTIS is a “green” company concerning its production processes and daily practices carried by its professionals, it aims to reduce direct carbon emissions within its facility (scope 1) and supply chain (scope 3), only dealing with sustainable suppliers. Consequently, UTIS has set a CO2 reduction target of 30% by 2030 from its current levels (Green Growth Strategy 2030).
UTIS environmental strategy ‘Green Growth Strategy 2030’ includes:
- Generating 70% of its financial revenues from green products.
- Allocating significant funding for green CAPEX per year.
- More than 80% of sales agreements must be linked to sustainability programs.
Conversely, considering all the wrong business decisions that gradually contributed to the destruction of our Planet at varied levels, UTIS has continued its Leadership in developing and supplying environmental products and climate solutions for multiple industrial processes by being one of the leading companies in the world to develop an effective hydrogen technology for its industrial customers—enabling them to reduce their direct carbon emissions (Scopes 1) within the scope of their environmental sustainability. UTIS’s innovative hydrogen technology, UC3, is designed as a sustainable product to help its customers progress their sustainability agenda by significantly improving their industrial fuel combustion processes.
Our hydrogen technology applies to boilers and furnaces in industrial units of various industrial sectors. Guaranteeing a near-perfect burning of fossil fuels. Accordingly, reducing their energy consumption, CO2 emissions, and energy costs.
UTIS people are central to its performance and economic growth. The Leadership of the organization acknowledges the hard work accomplished by the team and remains committed to its social strategy and to developing a culture of performance and growth for its people, established on the following principles:
- Providing training and development programs
- Driving inclusion and diversity
- increasing the representation of women across all parts of the business
- Expanding leadership opportunities for women.
- Addressing the issue of gender pay parity
- Providing a range of youth development programs and student scholarships
- And ensuring the safety of UTIS people by reducing work injuries to Zero
With safety being paramount in the mind of UTIS, in 2021, UTIS delivered safety training, risk containment, and life-saving rules across all company divisions. Resulting in 100% of the company’s sites being injury free in 2021.